I’m off the bloody Twitter so I’m blogging, go me!
Random findings on the Koantas 102 this morning, trying to take public transport to the new office:
1. Travel time using the 102 from Pondok Indah-Senayan: 35 minutes. Pretty cool.
2. Don’t even try to get on the bus at 8am. Stuffed full! Can’t breathe!
3. Came into kissing distance with an open ulcer. Not cool! Germs!
4. My nubile young ass against some old man’s fat belly: Not cool!
5. This bus is non-airconditioned, it’s so hot! Hello, obvious much?
6. It’s only 8am but the driver drives this bus like a drunk! This also applies to Kopaja and Metro Mini btw, so no surprises there.
So why am I taking this shitty tin can bus? I don’t feel like paying Rp. 300.000,- a month for parking. Which is paid every 3 months in Rp. 900.000,- installments. Whoa. Well, I think I could really use that money for something else, and my new office location is only 5km from my house.
Anyway, all points considered, I don’t know if 102 a viable alternative and if I should be taking this bus everyday. There’s another, more humane option (Patas AC 16) but the schedule is not as frequent. Taking ojek is another option, but I don’t know how much it will cost in the long run. Riding dad’s motorcycle or my bicycle is yet another option, but (1) I don’t have a motorcycle license, and (2) I’m not ready to get my ass mauled by the rogue 102, Metro Mini, and Kopaja, and countless motorcycles I’m sharing the road with.
Oh the dilemma!
Ah well, I’ll keep you updated on whether I’ll chicken out and pay the 900k parking fee, or soldier on and keep taking public transport to work. Any bets?image taken from http://sikathabis.multiply.com/